Some people are so focused on their own goals; they are unwittingly stopping client loyalty. They fail to consider how their communication is being received. It is the thought-provoking conversations designed to become familiar with one another’s thinking will differentiate us from most.
The extra step, also a winning strategy, is becoming known for integrity.
My Story About Client Loyalty
The better instruction given to me on my first job was to strive to become an order taker. Asking for more details, I learned that when clients believe you are working on their behalf, they will be the ones who offer a surprise call along with a request for extra services.
While the concept could sound too good to be true, my goal was to be liked by clients. I checked in with my prospects and clients every step of the way. Adding favor are inquiries about family, pets, vacations, wish lists and anything else that comes to mind.
The questions produce not only professionally personal conversations but the ability to sell in our unique way. I was elevated to the position of a welcome guest.
Instead of fulfilling a check-list on appointments, enjoy the conversations.
I never forgot the idea of becoming an order taker. On my fourth job, sales significantly improved. By the second quarter, the phone began ringing with requests for additional purchases. As the third quarter arrived, I became known as ‘the order taker.’
The extra caution is to never become comfortable with only the incoming calls. Being proactive at all times puts us at the top of the sales scoreboard.
As one who habitually builds bonds with others while selling has me in disbelief as I experience or hear about the missteps of others. The exact opposite stories provide better lessons today for what not to do.
Three Stories About Stopping Client Loyalty:
- A salesman bragged to his team about the money he was would make due to his ‘ripping off the client.’
Result: No doubt the client picked up on the salesman’s vibe and declined the service he was selling.
- On a job interview, the Manager asked a candidate if he knew about a particular new technology. The candidate proudly said he was one of the few designated to be trained on it.
Result: The question was a test concerning integrity. The technology was not in existence, and the candidate failed.
- A businessperson known in town was selling her property. Nine months later a leak in the ceiling was discovered. Upon opening the ceiling, a tinfoil pan was seen in place collecting the dripping water. The leak was never disclosed. Instead, the motive was to hide the plumbing problem from the buyer.
Result: The seller’s reputation is at stake. Whichever service we provide, our success depends upon the satisfaction level of our clientele. Ensuring integrity at every turn is a good start. The better goal is to earn long-term client loyalty.
For additional insight read:
- Do You Replay Conversations?
- Do You Realize Who Knows You?
- Are You Concerned About Achieving Success?
Your Story About Stopping Client Loyalty
The above three articles shed extra light on what clients are seeking from their representative. By replaying conversations every evening, and reviewing processes that did or did not work every Friday afternoon, you will continue to improve your effort.
Where many err is in ignoring the advice our clientele provides. Many businesspeople stick to the script and do not take into account suggestions or special requests. Life isn’t a script, and it is essential to be nimble enough to take unexpected action as needed.
Clients want to see from you:
- Curiosity about their business and experiences via questions
- Genuine interest in helping resolve issues plus make improvements
- Listening to client suggestions and discussing varying perspectives
- Following up and delivering as promised
- Proof you are to be trusted
Integrity sits on both sides of the table. As you capture the verbiage of clients and they later deny the words, you know to walk away. Not every person is a good candidate, and desperation never turns out well.
Serve others with high esteem and expect the same in return. Doing so will have you becoming an order-taker too.
Sales Tips for Continuing Client Loyalty
- Research each company before a potential client meeting
- Get to know your prospective client first
- Inquire as to why you were invited in for a meeting
- Ask if the issue is new or if it has been on-going
- Together form a list of possible solutions
- Have the prospect prioritize their preferred ideas
- Ask who else in the company may offer input and suggest another meeting for all
- Before the next meeting, call to ask for additional questions and concerns
- Address everyone by name and make the meeting congenial by asking for everyone’s input.
- Celebrate Success!
For More Insights: Visit Elinor’s Amazon Author Page
“Communicate to Attract Interest”
As the CEO of Smooth Sale, after her near-death experience, Stutz adapted the motto, “Believe, Become, Empower.”Nice Girls DO Get the Sale is an International Best-Selling and is Evergreen – among the classics; HIRED! Helped many to secure the job they desired.
Today’s insights are provided to help you achieve the Smooth Sale!
RESOURCES FOR PERSONAL AND BUSINESS GROWTH:
Advisorpedia Publishes information to help advisors build their practice, and those having interest in the markets choose investments, and find inspiration.
BizCatalyst360 Presents a life, culture, and biz new media digest serving as a hub of creative expression and personal growth
CatCat Build your future one skill at a time.
For Book Lovers Only For Book Lovers Only introduces you, the book lover, to new and exciting authors and works of fiction and non-fiction.
GetCiara Make remote your unfair advantage.
Greg Jenkins Consulting LLC – Helping organizations realize the value of diversity to build inclusive, evolving high-performing cultures.
Inclusion Allies Coalition “Everyone is welcome here.” Learn more to train teams, and join the advocacy program.
Internet Advisor Find the internet service right for you among 2083 internet providers across 36,380 cities, plus Cellphonedeal compiles great deals on phones, plans, and prepaids to furnish you with the best options in your area.
Kred Connect with top rated influencers to learn from and grow your networks.
LinktoEXPERT “It is not who you know – it is who knows you and what your expertise can do for them plus understands the value of hiring you.”
Lotus Solution LLC Helps organizations create diversity and inclusion to ensure a fair and just workplace, through customized consulting, training, and keynote speeches.
SalesPop! Purveyors of Prosperity; how to compete against yourself to excel in your career.
Vengreso Provides easy-to-follow on-demand sales training for LinkedIn.
Vunela Provides a unique opportunity to view Videos and read articles by World Leaders.
WebTalk is the one-stop platform Build your marketplace and grow social connections.
Women’s Information Network (WIN) An education-and-event-based Global Community of Women Helping Women Worldwide Live Their Best Lives through Celebration, Self-Improvement, and Service.