Attract the Right Job or Clientele:
One question had me reflect on my past and how I came to arrive where I am today. It’s easy to realize now that each decision we make is a step toward our future tomorrow. If only we could recognize the fact when we are young, life might be more relaxed.
I was groomed for sales and entrepreneurship without knowing it. At the time, I did not understand the underlying meaning of everyday conversations. Nor could I comprehend why women were treated as second-class citizens. Invariably, I’d ask ‘Why?’ and conclude my thought with, ‘That’s not fair!’
Belief, determination and a flexible plan will get you to goal.
Part of the belief system is not only having confidence in yourself but also believing that roadblocks exist so that we may find the better path. My mission became fighting for equality, and the fight continues.
Nothing is impossible when you have the determination to succeed.
I would pause to take in everything occurring around me. At night, I would reflect on what I disliked and how the next day I could improve the situation. By the time I entered sixth grade, I was setting goals and creating plans of action.
Nothing ever did improve quickly enough to my taste. However, the power of observation made me stronger.
As I grew into a sales career, observations were a significant factor in succeeding. I would also reflect on conversations with clients.
- Questions to ask
- Genuine thought in facial expressions and body language
- Hearing frustration and avoidance for tough questions
- Discrepancies between actions, words, and deeds
Follow-up conversations were in order after considerable thought was given to my observations. The more profound questions motivated clients to agree to provide additional business.
I attempted to hold management to higher credibility, too, but in most cases the effort was fruitless. I’m still advocating equal and fair treatment for all.
Companies wanting to improve their bottom-line will do best by first enhancing morale.
Your Story to Reflect and Improve
We are quickly arriving at year-end when all numbers matter. As the totals reveal themselves, sales representatives are either ‘put down’ or admired. Some see quota quickly rising while others are handed enviable accounts by those who choose to leave. In any capacity of career, now is the best time to consider all options for making it an exceptional year.
If you are in management, improve sales morale:
- Treat everyone as equals
- Model respect for clients by doing the same for your salespeople
- Welcome each person’s input in meetings and have them explain their ‘why.’
- Give each suggestion full consideration
- Provide a bonus for unique ideas that propel further business
On a personal level, do you:
- Examine each evening what may improve the next day
- Record your findings to avoid forgetting
- Write down questions in need of asking
- Prioritize activities for the next day, week, month, quarter and year
- Keep track of and revise priorities as times change
- Feel pride in your accomplishments to date?
Self-improvement is an ongoing effort. Ignore the naysayers who suggest quitting. Take classes, hire a coach, continue reading and speak with peers to experience growth.
Consider an occasional collaborative event. Otherwise, it’s difficult to always work by yourself. The forever reflection of where you are will provide direction for better days to come.
Sales Tips to Reflect
- Create lists capturing disappointments, areas to improve and visions of the future
- Examine disappointing events to realize what needs improvement
- Consider if anyone is holding you back and if so, part ways
- Give one group a try to see if it motivates you further
- Try one new idea at a time to test if it works well
- Learn from the attempts that do not succeed as you hope
- Continue reflecting and revising
- Ask for help when you need it
- Prepare to learn from every experience
- Celebrate Success! These tips are provided to help you achieve The Smooth Sale!
Business Agility and Personal Development Are Requirements for Success
Whenever you believe a plateau is achieved, seek out help for getting your next climb in order!
We have partnered with the following companies to assist with your business growth and meeting your goals.
Full Disclosure: Fees may be applied and I may receive commission through the links.
Book Packages Available ~ email: firstname.lastname@example.org