Attract the Right Job or Clientele: Will You Take the Plunge to Find Greater Reward?
It’s no surprise that successful businesspeople studied at college to get their degrees. However, it is an eye opener that many agree what you truly need to know for business is not taught at school.
Have you ever heard a teacher in school speak about:
- Moving forward intuitively
- Taking calculated risk
- Ignoring popular thought of the day
Most likely, your answer to each question is “No I have not.”
Pursue your purpose for a highly rewarding career.
By now you probably know that I never fit into the collective culture of the day. It was a struggle for me to get through school, but I persevered. What got me through was to envision what I wanted to do and how it was to be done.
I later learned that as an employee of a company, particularly in sales, will require out of the box thinking. However, this is not always appreciated. Yet having the fortitude to stick to one’s guts will bring the right results. In the end, it became clear that by staying true to my ideals will always provide a far greater return,
The fact is, in spite of what is taught, there is no blueprint for life. That’s why when I learned of Jim Keenan’s new book, Not Taught: What It Takes to be Successful in the 21st Century that Nobody’s Teaching You, I knew it would be an excellent read.
Recognizing that the information age is changing how we find, evaluate, engage and hire people, became the motivating force for Jim to write his book. In his book, you will learn how the success game has flipped upside down and what it takes for you to win in today’s game. Discover unique and powerful ways to connect with larger audiences, wield greater influence and win in the 21st century.
Have you been curious about trying new ideas but were dissuaded by skeptical friends? It isn’t easy to be working as if you are swimming upstream. Getting ideas from a variety of perspectives greatly helps the decision-making process for where to head next.
Not sure if this is for you? Take this 21st Century readiness quiz
Should the content of the book “Not Taught” sound intriguing, click this link to read more.
- Prioritize ideas that are important to you.
- Create a long-term vision for what you wish to become.
- Develop a list of what needs to be learned.
- Be willing to seek out help in many forms.
- Include one monthly calculated risk activity in your to-do list.
- Prioritize the types of people and companies with which you want to partner or collaborate.
- Remain focused on your life goals.
- Be willing to learn from errors and to try again.
- Develop a trusted groups of peers who you may turn to for added insight.
- Pay attention to what You wish to learn and do it!
Following these suggestions will lead you to the Smooth Sale!
For Consultation and Conference Speaking Contact Elinor Stutz
Schedule an Appointment to Learn More:
Call (408) 209-0550 Eastern Time Zone