Photo by kreatikar via Pixabay
Attract the Right Job Or Clientele:
How To Set Up And Market Your Ecommerce Store With Google Merchant
Note: Hazel Raoult provides today’s guest blog. ‘How to set up and market your e-commerce store with Google Merchant.’
Hazel Raoult is a freelance marketing writer and works with PRmention. She has 6+ years of experience writing about business, entrepreneurship, marketing, and all things SaaS. Hazel loves to split her time between writing, editing, and hanging out with her family.
How To Set Up And Market Your E-commerce Store
People love to shop online for many reasons. The advantages of an eCommerce store are many:
2. Easy to use and manage
3. The store is a cherry on the cake if you will. Customers can shop for anything from the comfort of their homes with guaranteed quality. But building and marketing an eCommerce site isn’t always easy.
That’s why we’ve put together this step-by-step guide on how to set up your very own eCommerce site using Google Merchant and how to promote your business.
1. Sign up for Google Merchant Center
Google Merchant Center is a free service to list and manage your product information on Google Search and Google Shopping. Merchant Center makes it easy for shoppers to discover your items on Google. You can even upload a single item feed to list multiple merchant locations.
The Google Merchant Center is a handy tool if you want to start selling products online and market your e-commerce store well.
Here are the steps to sign up for the platform:
- Start by signing up for Google Merchant Center. You will need a Google account like Gmail.
- You will need to enter your site URL, store name, and the country from which you are operating.
- Next, you will be required to upload a file to your server to verify site ownership.
Finally, you’ll be able to leverage free Google listings to gain exposure and increase your sales. You will be able to market your e-commerce store well.
2. Create a promotion and Market Your e-Commerce Store Well
Google is the biggest search engine globally and one of the most lucrative traffic resources. Once you start advertising through it, you’ll get your content to be noticed by millions of users looking for something like yours.
You have to create a promotion page first.
Here’s how you can do it:
- To create a promotion, you can either use Google Shopping promotion builder or create a promotion feed.
- Highlight what you are going to offer your customers through the service. Is it a specific product? Or is it a discounted offer on one product or all your products? It will tell Google what to promote for you.
Note that Google Merchant Center promotions are made available only to selected countries, including the US, Germany, Britain, France, India, and Australia.
You can also showcase and sell products to local shoppers across Google services with the Surfaces across the Google system. It includes Google Search, Google Images, Google Shopping, Google Maps, and Google Lens.
Create a separate feed for your local listing and upload it every day for the best results.
Photo by Mohamed Hassan via Pixabay
3. Website store checklists (before you upload your product)
Creating a website store is a lot of fun, but you’ll need to make sure that you are packing essential checklists before building your store.
Here are some essentials you need to consider before you upload your products to your site:
- Your store website should display accurate contact info, allowing your customers to be in touch with you. You can hire a WordPress developer to set up your e-commerce store if you have a WordPress store.
- Have a clear Refund Policy and the Terms of Service page. Make it easy to find.
- Have a secure checkout process.
- Utilize the language and currency of your target country.
- Your Google Merchant Center account must have shipping and tax settings identical to your store.
There’s nothing worse than spending hours creating the perfect store, uploading your items, and then discovering you’ve forgotten something. You can avoid the stress with the right planning before uploading your first product.
So, make sure you follow this checklist and even add your points to ensure everything is in place before adding products to your site.
4. Upload products to Merchant Center First; Market Your e-Commerce Store Second
Merchant Center makes it easy to manage your products, so businesses of all sizes use the Google advertising platform for marketing.
Here are two ways to upload your products to Google Merchant Center:
- One way to upload your products to Google Merchant Center is Integration. If you are on the Ecwid e-commerce platform, it has direct integration with the Merchant Center. You can thus upload your products and organize your inventory.
- The other way to do it is through Product feed. If you don’t want to create a file listing for all the product info, categorization, and image locations by yourself, you can download the product feed from your online store, provided the platform you are in allows it. You can compose it either manually or automatically.
Don’t forget to optimize your product title by targeting high-volume keywords and using high-quality images.
You need to pick a category from the Google Product Taxonomy (GPT) concerning the product category.
5. Maintain your Merchant Center inventory via a product feed
Most merchants sell on multiple online channels. If you are not maintaining your inventory in a product feed, keeping track of your inventory across all channels can be complicated.
Follow these tips to maintain your Merchant Center inventory via a product feed:
- Use Google Drive to store the feed and sync it with Google Merchant Center. When you make changes in the feed, they will reflect in the Merchant Center.
- If you are using a computer to store your files, create the table using Excel and upload it to Google Merchant Center when you update the product info.
- Store product feeds on the server to allow the Merchant Center to read them and update your product listings.
- Connect to API.
6. Set up shipping
With Google Merchant Center, you will get a range of shipping options, including customized shipping tables. You can select one based on how you charge for shipping.
Follow these steps to create a new shipping service:
- Log in to your Merchant Center account and tap on the tools icon.
- Pick Shipping and returns. It will take you to the “Shipping services” tab.
- Tap the plus button to create a new shipping service.
Pro Tip: Ensure that the shipping costs you submit to Google Merchant Center are higher or equal to the shipping costs highlighted on your site.
Wrap-Up: Market Your e-Commerce Store
Today, Google and its partners have got a great set of tools to offer to business owners looking to develop their online presence. Especially if you are a newbie in e-commerce, you should check out some e-commerce solutions by Google before selecting a platform for your online store.
With the help of this article, you should be able to find the best setup for your e-commerce website more quickly than you imagined.
For More Insights: Visit Elinor’s Amazon Author Page
“Communicate to Attract Interest”
Be A Story-Teller
As the CEO of Smooth Sale, after her near-death experience, Stutz adapted the motto,
“Believe, Become, Empower.
”Nice Girls DO Get the Sale is an International Best-Selling and Evergreen Book – among the classics;
HIRED! Helped many to secure the job they desired.
Related Blog Stories:
Sales Tips: Ideas For Boosting Business
- Commit to staying up-to-date on advances in technology to market your e-commerce store.
- As you read about new tech, apply your ideas for boosting business.
- Examine the cost of implementing new technology and weigh it against the benefits.
- Review the cost of upgrading technology and the need to familiarize yourself and your employees.
- Prepare for potential glitches in new approaches by being willing to learn from the experience.
- Model good leadership by embracing all lessons and teaching others what you know.
- Sales depend upon being attentive to the needs and desires of clientele.
- Always ask questions when something is not entirely clear.
- Be flexible with revising plans so that clients will move forward with you.
- Celebrate Success!
Today’s insights are provided to help you achieve the Smooth Sale!
RESOURCES FOR PERSONAL AND BUSINESS GROWTH:
Advisorpedia Publishes information to help advisors build their practice, and those having an interest in the markets choose investments and find inspiration.
BizCatalyst360 Presents a life, culture, and biz new media digest serving as a hub of creative expression and personal growth.
CatCat Build your future one skill at a time.
For Book Lovers Only For Book Lovers Only introduces you, the book lover, to new and exciting authors and works of fiction and non-fiction.
GetCiara Make remote your unfair advantage.
Greg Jenkins Consulting LLC – Helping organizations realize the value of diversity to build inclusive, evolving high-performing cultures.
Growth Hackers – Helping businesses from all over the world grow with lead generation, growth marketing, conversion rate optimization, data analytics, user acquisition, retention and sales.
Inclusion Allies Coalition “Everyone is welcome here.” Learn more to train teams, and join the advocacy program.
Internet Advisor Find the internet service right for you among 2083 internet providers across 36,380 cities, plus Cellphonedeal compiles great deals on phones, plans, and prepaids to furnish you with the best options in your area.
Kred Connect with top rated influencers to learn from and grow your networks.
LinktoEXPERT “It is not who you know – it is who knows you and what your expertise can do for them plus understands the value of hiring you.”
Lotus Solution LLC Helps organizations create diversity and inclusion to ensure a fair and just workplace, through customized consulting, training, and keynote speeches.
SalesPop! Purveyors of Prosperity; how to compete against yourself to excel in your career.
Simma Lieberman “The Inclusionist” helps develop inclusive leaders from the inside-out, to champion diversity and build equitable inclusive cultures at every level.
Vengreso Provides easy-to-follow on-demand sales training for LinkedIn.
Vunela Provides a unique opportunity to view Videos and read articles by World Leaders.
WebTalk is the one-stop platform Build your marketplace and grow social connections.
Women’s Information Network (WIN) An education-and-event-based Global Community of Women Helping Women Worldwide Live Their Best Lives through Celebration, Self-Improvement, and Service.