Attract the Right Job or Clientele:
It’s difficult to avoid the news altogether although at times some may certainly wish to do so. Comedians are having a field day with everyday events. Previously, this blog spoke to finding the motive for being called into meetings. And no doubt motive will be the unending task of securing the details that led up to current day politics.
When you walk with integrity, you never have to change your story.
Growing up and never fitting in, I profiled people based on their behavior. My mission was to determine what others were doing differently to fit into the crowd. The manner in which people spoke, used gestures, and what was said were all taken into account. The observation became a training ground for sales.
Much of the behavior baffled me. I couldn’t figure out why, at a young age, some people thought they were so smart that everyone should copy their style. At times, it was better to decline invitations than to be in their company. As for adults, I never understood why many boasted how smart they were although they never accomplished much.
Today, the news centers on those considering whether to bale from their jobs because of questionable actions that were taken by their boss. Previous conduct should have all been researched and weighed before taking the highly visible positions.
Unfortunately, glamor will get in the way for some when it comes to making sound decisions upfront. Similar to clinging to a comfort zone referred to in the blog, In Which Direction Are You Moving? one’s career or business spirals downward into a sinkhole with poor decision-making.
Any association seen with questionable activities will prevent one from being hired for future jobs. A sound marketing strategy is to demonstrate consistency. Likewise, words, actions, and deeds should be in sync for moving forward and protecting one’s reputation.
3 Diplomatic Ways to Reject Questionable Offers
- Sometimes it is appropriate to reply to a dubious offer with an immediate ‘no’ followed by, “it doesn’t appear to be a good fit.”
- On other occasions, it’s not that easy to provide an immediate ‘no.’ In these circumstances, I’ll say that I have to give the idea some thought. Consideration for diplomatically declining the offer is thought out.
- The old expression “sleep on it” applies. Pose the question of how to refuse the offer before going to sleep. By morning, the right answer usually appears.
It would not surprise anyone if you were to say you have an arsenal of stories on this topic to share. Think back to how you handled those requests and if there is room for improvement. Given the viral nature of being online, maintaining a highly reputable personal brand is at stake. Diplomacy is essential when dealing with awkward situations. Saving face while declining opportunity is very real.
Consider whether you:
- Blurt out your response or thoughtfully give your answer?
- Consider all of the ramifications for both accepting and declining an idea?
- Ask for time to give complicated matters due thought?
By the end of your career, will it be important to you that others remember you as one who held integrity? Should your answer be, ‘Yes,’ promise yourself to carefully weigh every request that appears as you diligently move forward.
- Be comfortable saying ‘yes’ or ‘no,’ as if you are the client.
- Weigh all details for each request.
- Examine every doubtful detail and hold an in-depth conversation.
- Envision a realistic outcome and then verify before accepting.
- Ask about others involved and why you were each selected.
- Conduct an online search regarding the people involved.
- Determine if only the requestor will benefit or if it will be a win for everyone.
- Answer the question, “Will I be better off by accepting, or will it diminish my reputation?”
- Reply with, “I gave your request much thought and now have an answer for you…”
- Celebrate Success
Following these guidelines will lead you to the Smooth Sale!
A previous blog provides additional insight for achieving more Are You Motivated to Achieve More?
For More Insights: Visit Elinor’s Amazon Author Page
“Communicate to Attract Interest”
As the CEO of Smooth Sale, after her near-death experience, Stutz adapted the motto, “Believe, Become, Empower.”Nice Girls DO Get the Sale is an International Best-Selling and is Evergreen – among the classics; HIRED! Helped many to secure the job they desired.
Today’s insights are provided to help you achieve the Smooth Sale!
RESOURCES FOR PERSONAL AND BUSINESS GROWTH:
Advisorpedia Publishes information to help advisors build their practice, and those having interest in the markets choose investments, and find inspiration.
BizCatalyst360 Presents a life, culture, and biz new media digest serving as a hub of creative expression and personal growth
CatCat Build your future one skill at a time.
For Book Lovers Only For Book Lovers Only introduces you, the book lover, to new and exciting authors and works of fiction and non-fiction.
GetCiara Make remote your unfair advantage.
Greg Jenkins Consulting LLC – Helping organizations realize the value of diversity to build inclusive, evolving high-performing cultures.
Inclusion Allies Coalition “Everyone is welcome here.” Learn more to train teams, and join the advocacy program.
Internet Advisor Find the internet service right for you among 2083 internet providers across 36,380 cities, plus Cellphonedeal compiles great deals on phones, plans, and prepaids to furnish you with the best options in your area.
Kred Connect with top rated influencers to learn from and grow your networks.
LinktoEXPERT “It is not who you know – it is who knows you and what your expertise can do for them plus understands the value of hiring you.”
Lotus Solution LLC Helps organizations create diversity and inclusion to ensure a fair and just workplace, through customized consulting, training, and keynote speeches.
SalesPop! Purveyors of Prosperity; how to compete against yourself to excel in your career.
Vengreso Provides easy-to-follow on-demand sales training for LinkedIn.
Vunela Provides a unique opportunity to view Videos and read articles by World Leaders.
WebTalk is the one-stop platform Build your marketplace and grow social connections.
Women’s Information Network (WIN) An education-and-event-based Global Community of Women Helping Women Worldwide Live Their Best Lives through Celebration, Self-Improvement, and Service.