Attract the Right Job Or Clientele:
In childhood and teen years our being different can be a humiliating experience. But those who can get past that hurdle and into adulthood have much to look forward. The end game reveals that being different is to our advantage. We automatically establish a recognized personal brand, essential for sales, which sets us apart from our competitors.
Our DNA and upbringing combined make each one of us unique individuals.
I learned to laugh at the comment made years ago, “Can’t you ever do anything like everyone else?” My response was, “Obviously not!”
Thankfully, I learned over time that it’s to my advantage to do things differently. I do read much of the latest articles about growth hacks, sales enablement, and technological creations to remain current and understand today’s conversations. However, not everything fits with my style of doing business.
Separate conversations led to the following observations:
- Some people learn best by studying while others implement trial and error experiments.
- Some people provide detailed driving instruction with street names and routes included, while others provide landmarks such as, “turn left when you see the bright pink house.” Some people rave about the appointment scheduling tools, while some prefer the personal touch.
- Many use a calendar to schedule topics for blogs, and others allow an intuitive thought to flow their way.
The point is, there is no right or wrong way to do things. The only incorrect way to do something is to follow that method even if it doesn’t fit your personality. If you feel a knot in your stomach about doing something because it doesn’t feel just right, promise yourself not to do it.
What do hiring managers and clientele want?
Prospective clients and hiring managers can sense when we are doing something that doesn’t seem natural for our personality. They seek authenticity in each of us and consistently displayed as that is what builds relationships and trust.
Revealing the Real Me
You may have guessed that I fall into the second category on each statement regarding types of personalities. Although seemingly crazy ideas to some, they have always worked well for me.
Take a sneak preview of our upcoming Smooth Sale Community. There are three levels of membership; free and two levels for fee-based services.
Over the years, I have created many products and services designed to help my clientele. It will all come together in our online community mid next week. Feel free to send your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org to receive your personalized answer.
My vision for the community is to help more people succeed on their terms!
In 2017 promise yourself to polish all of your policies and procedures in place. Review everything you have put into practice to date. Determine where you have had second thoughts about actions taken due to strong advice provided by another.
Ask yourself these questions:
- Why do I have doubt about this or these practices?
- What may be done better when I do it as I see best?
- Am I ready to make the changes in current activities to put my personal brand stamp on each?
The moment you give up the choking road of embracing what others advise you do, most likely you will experience a surge of motivation to do more. Doing things your way dramatically increases excitement for the projects ahead and gives credence to why you have an improved chance to experience success.
- Listen to all advice provided.
- Only accept suggestions that match your style, values, and priorities.
- Take time to recognize how your intended audience will receive your unique style.
- Revise some of your actions that are admittedly out of sync with your personality.
- When someone admonishes you for doing something incorrectly, laugh and focus on it because it will also catch the attention of your intended clientele.
- Review previous successes to confirm you achieved them your way.
- Revise your long-term goals with activities that reflect who you are.
- Reveal upfront on interviews or initial meetings with clients how you work.
- Get your first buy-in answer of “Yes, you are the type of person with whom I want to work!”
- Celebrate success!
For More Insights: Visit Elinor’s Amazon Author Page
“Communicate to Attract Interest”
As the CEO of Smooth Sale, after her near-death experience, Stutz adapted the motto, “Believe, Become, Empower.”Nice Girls DO Get the Sale is an International Best-Selling and is Evergreen – among the classics; HIRED! Helped many to secure the job they desired.
Today’s insights are provided to help you achieve the Smooth Sale!
RESOURCES FOR PERSONAL AND BUSINESS GROWTH:
Advisorpedia Publishes information to help advisors build their practice, and those having interest in the markets choose investments, and find inspiration.
BizCatalyst360 Presents a life, culture, and biz new media digest serving as a hub of creative expression and personal growth
CatCat Build your future one skill at a time.
For Book Lovers Only For Book Lovers Only introduces you, the book lover, to new and exciting authors and works of fiction and non-fiction.
GetCiara Make remote your unfair advantage.
Greg Jenkins Consulting LLC – Helping organizations realize the value of diversity to build inclusive, evolving high-performing cultures.
Inclusion Allies Coalition “Everyone is welcome here.” Learn more to train teams, and join the advocacy program.
Internet Advisor Find the internet service right for you among 2083 internet providers across 36,380 cities, plus Cellphonedeal compiles great deals on phones, plans, and prepaids to furnish you with the best options in your area.
Kred Connect with top rated influencers to learn from and grow your networks.
LinktoEXPERT “It is not who you know – it is who knows you and what your expertise can do for them plus understands the value of hiring you.”
Lotus Solution LLC Helps organizations create diversity and inclusion to ensure a fair and just workplace, through customized consulting, training, and keynote speeches.
SalesPop! Purveyors of Prosperity; how to compete against yourself to excel in your career.
Vengreso Provides easy-to-follow on-demand sales training for LinkedIn.
Vunela Provides a unique opportunity to view Videos and read articles by World Leaders.
WebTalk is the one-stop platform Build your marketplace and grow social connections.
Women’s Information Network (WIN) An education-and-event-based Global Community of Women Helping Women Worldwide Live Their Best Lives through Celebration, Self-Improvement, and Service.